The object becomes.
Born from the meeting between Giovanna Massoni, curator, and Alexandre Humbert, designer and film director, this film tells the story of Belgian design at a historical moment that determines an important turning point in its role. Shot between February and April 2021 across Belgium, the film accompanies us through the attitudes, words and gestures of nine protagonists of circular design, reuse, regeneration of resources, new models of organization and production. One story, nine practices: the stories blend together to create a unity of space and time, building a single voice common to all. The object (the design), assumed here as a starting point, has a variable, vulnerable identity and becomes a pretext for determining the locations in which the narrative is integrated. An agile artifact generated by individual and collective experience, it passes from one hand to another, it adapts, it is shared, it regenerates. The work is (again) open - as Umberto Eco wished.
Based on this content
- Sustainability, Design - Duration 52'MonoblocHauke WendlerGermany, 2020
- Design, Art of Thinking - Duration 18' 21"RespiroGiulio Filippo GiuntiItaly, 2020
- Art of Thinking, Sustainability, AFA - Duration 16'TroianeStefano SantamatoItaly, 2019
- Architecture, Design, AFA - Duration 6' 30"106.5 - defining a DreamFederico FenucciItaly, 2021
- AFA, Design - Duration 9' 27"De-siderioFlavio Pescatori, Variante Artistica, StudiopepeItaly, 2021
- Sustainability - Duration 10'The Thin LineGiada RipaItaly, 2021
- Art of Thinking, Design - Duration 52'Openings / Gazed beyond the limitFrancesca Molteni, Mattia ColomboItaly, 2021
- Design, Architecture - Duration 3' 11"Embajada de BrasilLuis ÚrculoChile, 2019